Monday, October 10, 2011

BBQ Turkey Meatloaves

I'm back! Fall is here, and so is my need to cook yummy foods more often. I also have a brand new SLR camera so I don't have to rely on my iPhone for pictures... this also means that I'll be starting work on my cookbook soon.

The other afternoon driving home from my new amazing job, I felt like BBQ, and I had some ground turkey that needed cooking. So I opened up some wine once I got home (4 o'clock is the new 5 o'clock when you go to bed at 8) and started making (up) this tasty meal.

I even wrote down what I did as I did it so I wouldn't have to try to remember! (aren't you proud?) The full combined recipe is at the bottom of this post.

Chop up the onion VERY finely. It really matters so that the patties hold together.

In a bowl combine the turkey, BBQ sauce, egg, cheeses, pepper and bread crumbs, by squishing it well with your hands.


I suppose you can use any old bread crumb, but whenever I make cornbread, I save a few pieces and smash em up in a bag and stick em in the freezer. Corn bread makes better breadcrumbs. Incidentally, whenever I make bacon I save the grease to use in the cornbread. Bacon fat makes better cornbread...

Pan fry in some oil until they are very crispy on both sides. This isn't burned... its the cheese and sauces getting flavorful. I also steamed some peppers and green beans to go with it.


 And here you are!



And while I'm here, I want to show off my cute new fall table set up. Orange is my new favorite color!
                                       

 The centerpiece is just a hurricane with rivets in the side so the candle holder hovers above an empty space. For a while I had some fake grapes in there... then I put in river rocks. Now I've added paper leaves and pumpkins the rocks.



BBQ Turkey Meatloaves

1.25 lbs ground turkey
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese grated
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1 egg
3 T barbecue sauce
pepper to taste
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 T vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the oil. Shape into 3/4 inch thick patties and pan fry in the oil at medium heat until they are crispy on both sides and cooked through (about 10 minutes total). Serve with vegetables, a roll, and a good layer of BBQ sauce.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment