Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer is finally here!

It took forever to get here, but its summer! I've already gotten a pretty nasty burn by accident. Mostly though, I've spent alot of time in my yard doing my grading and lesson planning, and CJ and I have spent some fun times out of the house together.Last week we used our coupon that I found on LivingSocial for a buy-one-get-one cruise on the Portland Spirit. Neither of us had ever been although we've always wanted to. So I bought the tickets and didn't tell CJ, and quietly waited for him to have a slow day at work on a Friday and come home early. Lucky me, he found out Thursday that he didn't have to go to work, so we spent the whole day shopping together. Bought him new shoes and tools and such. Went to Dairy Queen. THEN... Surprise trip to Portland for a cruise!
It was so much fun. We both felt like we were on a real cruise ship like our Alaska cruise last year! Made us both really crave another cruise. Nothing like sitting around, being served drinks, nowhere to go, constant live entertainment, constant changing scenery... ahhhh. It made us both feel all cute and romantic.


We then went for tofu at SuperBowl. We used to eat there on his lunch breaks back when he worked at Saturn when we were dating. Brought back so many happy memories! To finish off a wonderful day, we went and saw Despicable Me. It was very cute and funny. Predictable and definitely for children, but I loved it. This will be one of those dates I'll remember when I'm old.
Today, CJ had another surprise day off. I love this! We went to Beaverton Farmer's Market and got some cherries, strawberries, apple butter, and fresh baked bread.
I know I would get sick of it eventually, but right now I wish it was summer all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment