Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dinner instead of Cleaning


It seems like no matter what I do, I feel like I should have done something else. Today I spent most of the day working on an application for a full-time temporary position at PCC Rock Creek. Yesterday I cleaned and felt guilty for not working on it... today I worked on it and felt guilty for not cleaning.
CJ came home today after a 9 hour shift, but we both felt like he was home early! I ran to the store to get fixings for dinner, and decided to scrap the day and spend the evening drinking wine and cooking.
I made chili without beans (my tummy says thank you!) and cornbread. The cornbread was admittedly from a Jiffy box, but I followed direction
s and even let it sit an extra 15 minutes to ensu
re that they would turn out super fluffy. And they did!
The chili was from scratch. I've actually been making chili from scratch since we got married. I found out from my professor Paul Latiolas (he's from Louisiana!) that my recipe for chili is very similar to the one his mom used! It is mainly ground beef, onions, tomatoes, spices, and cocoa for that special flavor. CJ loves it! It goes well with beer, and wine if you happen to be a wino.
Yum!! Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to making My New House Part II. :-D

1 comment: